Thursday, August 27, 2009

Kilted

I'm so happy...I ordered a kilt about a month ago and it finally arrived today!!!! I am so excited. I got a text message from UPS stating it had been delivered so I ran home during lunch and changed clothing...Carl called me a goober. I couldn't help it. Everybody said I looked good. It is my first kilt. I will try an post a pic as soon as I get one. Well a good one so far the ones that I have seen the shirt I am wearing makes me look Fat, well I think it does, everyone else says it doesn't. Then again I am fat so....lol. If you want to see the kilt go to http://www.utilikilts.com/ look at the original in black.

We went to Wendy's for dinner, yes I know so health so not really on my diet but hey I feel asleep right after I got home and woke up right when Carl got home, I digress. As we were leaving these two old, and I do mean old ladies were laughing and snicker. One whispers, though it was loud enough that we could hear I think they forgot they maybe hard of hearing but the rest of the world isn't, "he's wearing a dress." I just ignored them as to me it wasn't worth commenting on and they were old anyways. Carl however piped up "It's a kilt" and we walked out. The two old women had the dear caught in headlights look on their faces and they both turned red. I really believe they didn't think I could hear them. Whats funny is I haven't gotten a second look from a man at all but women that is something different. Men have said nice kilt. Women want to know exactly what is under it.."My sandles of course" As to if I am wearing underwear or not that is for me and my husband to know....unless your a really cute bear and I might let you in on the secret...lol.

I have learned one really interesting thing about people and how our education system really really needs to bring back geography. (though whats funny is most of these people are old enough that they should have had it in school) Most people do not know there is a difference between Scotland and Ireland. Ok I realize the stupidity is rampid but HELLO why would and Irishman be from Scotland. People at work would say I didn't know your family was from Scotland. I would say well yes on my Dad's side I am from the Turnbull Clan and the Clan McFarlane. They would then ask me what Irish holiday it was that required me to wear me kilt. I never bothered to explain the difference between Scotland and Ireland. It wasn't worth the effort cause if your that stupid you need more help then I can give. Also I am Irish on my mother's side so at some level it could have made since if they had not have made the first comment.

I wrote a monologue in High School called "I HATE STUPID QUESTIONS" I so wish I knew where it was cause it so applied to today!!!!

We walked into the dairy isle at the grocery store this evening and I said ooh that's cold. Lib (my teenage daughter) asked if I was cold. I responded well it just gave me quite a chill coming into this area. She then said "Where down there?" Pointing to my bear legs. Ok I was willing to let the first question go but the second. "Hello Captain Obvious" I love my daughter to death, she is so help and sweet but lord I pray she marries wealth cause damn!!!! I am so scared once she gets out on her own she is not going to be able to cope with reality. Not that she lives in a dream world or makes bad grades but when it comes to common sense she is a walking Blonde Joke!

Prime example: I am so not a morning person and both the kids know this. Well she walked up to me and in the sickliest chipper voice, bouncing her head back and forth, "Hi daddy, its me Elizabeth." I just stared at her for a momment in total disbelieve that she was A. talking to me before I had my shower cause that is not the best idea and second because what she said. But only had I known I would have never opened my mouth to utter "Yes Elizabeth I know its you I was there the day you were born". to which she replied "Oh yea I forgot, now I remember seeing you." Ok my brain sort circuited at this point the next thing I know I awoke in my nice safe shower. Carl said I walked through mumbling something about "being to much like the Egg Donor"

anyway off to bed
hugz

1 comment:

Crochet Goddess said...

Please remember to post a picture. I would love to see you in a kilt. I am glad you work somewhere that you feel free to wear you kilt. I think if you worked in Randolph Co with me you might have been asked to go home and change.Have a great rest of the week.